Wednesday, 16 July 2014

Birthday weekend in Hay-on Wye


So most years for my birthday I have a fancy dress party, but since getting into camping a couple of years ago we usually go camping with friends now instead!  Unfortunately some of my friends don't do camping, so I meet up with them later in the month to celebrate

On the roooooad to Hay, Burton enjoys the scenery with Mr H and Gary the snail


The village of Hay-on-Wye, famed for it's massive amount of bookshops and the literary festival held here annually


Mmm sharing some iced coffee and a slice of courgette and lime cake with me, yummy!


Burton and I making a wish for nice weather for our weekend and following holiday!


Back at the campsite, conspiring with the fellas!


Back in Hay for a little Food Festival, it wasn't particularly big but had lots of nice local produce and we picked up a few bits for the weekend



Hay-on-Wye castle


Lounging around in Spammy and Chris' tent


Playing cards with Spammy, Arnold and I in our tent


After packing up the tent we went to visit my parents who happened to be holidaying close by in a little cottage in the grounds of a manor house and gardens.  Burton enjoyed walking around the grounds with us!







No comments:

Post a Comment